Effective Date: [November 10, 2022]
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, contact information, and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we collect this information when you sign up for email updates, use our advocacy tools, contact us, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to your requests and other inquiries;
- To operate and improve our tools and services;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send updates and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third-party service providers who process information on our behalf, such as data hosting services and email service providers;
- With our member organizations;
- As part of an actual or potential organizational sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
CPEAR adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this interest-based advertising activity. You may visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. CPEAR uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links and Tools
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.